Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up this episode, why lice is an epic kids #fail, and they give a huge shout-out to single parents everywhere. They also force their listeners to grab their new e-book! Get it here.
Facebook Fan of the Week:
- Candace Fowler Chira is one awesome listener!! We love you, Candace!!
Top 5 Ways To Get Work Done With Kids Around
Jill and Brad discuss ways that small business owners can get work done when their kids are around. If they’re home sick, off from school, too young to go to school, or playing hookey, there are ways you can work with them, not against them. Tweak a few electronics and tweak your mindset a wee bit…and you will get work done. Really.
Liane Jackson is the founder of Free Range Office, a coworking space that provides a place for you to be your most productive and your most liberated. You set the pace, and the terms, in an environment that promotes comfort, innovation, networking and collaboration. Find her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Tool of the Week:
- Square Cash is an amazing app that lets you send and request money with email. It’s fast, safe, and free! No account needed. Just securely link your debit card to start sending and receiving money. It’s free to send, and free to receive money directly to your existing bank account. Money automatically deposits to your bank account within 1-2 business days. Get it.
- SquareSpace is the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create your own professional website or online portfolio. For a free trial and 10% off (your first purchase), go to this site use offer code BDYB.
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners.
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Cake Boss :: Buddy Valastro is one of the most successful and renowned cake artists in the United States. Master baker of Carlo’s City Hall Bake Shop in Hoboken, New Jersey, Buddy is the Cake Boss.
- Toilet Paper :: It does a body good. Bring some when you visit Liane in her coworking space, Free Range Office.
What are some of your favorite ways to get work done when the kids are around? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here.