Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up this episode, why you should not hug business colleagues in the dark, and cigar-box juggling. They also demand that their listeners grab their new e-book! Get it here.
Deon Bradley is the founder of Bradley Coaching that helps business owners enhance the performance of companies and their lives by helping them achieve their goals. Find him on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Top 5 Ways To Encourage Your Team
Jill and Brad discuss ways to encourage folks on your business team. From small compliments to offering food to giving away rocks, there are so many creative ways to encourage the people that you work with to maintain or boost morale.
Chase Reeves is a designer and educator and banana sweater wearer. He’s the founder of IceToTheBrim.com where he collects and develops thoughts about working, mattering and being (mostly) a man and he co-hosts the Fizzle podcast (one of our faves)! Find him at Fizzle, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Tool of the Week:
- Key Ring lets you store all those pesky reward cards on your phone. No more fumbling. No more lost cards. Just savings made easier!
- eMazeMe.com helps you collect and organize the businesses you love. eMazeMe allows you to create lists of providers, share them with friends, and request personal recommendations for new places to try. They will eMaze you with recommendations of businesses you’ve never heard of, and encourage you to rediscover the ones you’ve always loved. Make more informed decisions when choosing a new provider, by simply checking out the businesses that your friends have used and trusted all on eMazeMe.com.
- Foodlander is all about connecting consumers with the fresh local food available at the farmers market. Check them out to find your nearest market and get fresh local deals from their participating vendors at Foodlander.com.
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Fizzle – Chase Wardman Reeves’ podcast. It’s awesome.
- Hootsuite – It’s a social media management system for brand management
- SmartBrief – Industry e-mail newsletters for professionals. With more than 10 million daily avails, precise targeting, and a loyal audience of 5M+ professionals and decision-makers, SmartBrief delivers.
- Zoodles – They help your children find the age appropriate games that make learning fun.
- Shark Tank – ABC’s TV show that features business pitches from aspiring entrepreneurs to a panel of potential investors.
- Cabbage Patch Kids – Jill’s first one was named Bradley, just like the first guest in this episode.
- Jimmy Fallon’s Thank You Notes – A segment of The Tonight Show worth watching. Funny stuff.
- Foiled Cupcakes – Fantastic online cupcake delivery service.
- MailChimp – a newsletter service provider that is discussed in Chase’s interview.
- Mad Mimi – Jill’s favorite newsletter service provider.
- Pretzel Crisps – They sent Jill & Brad pretzels! Just because! And they tasted good, too.
What are some of your favorite tools that you’ve introduced recently to your business? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here.
Brought to you by: