WE’RE GOING LIVE!!! Breaking Down Your Business has its first stop on its Hand Gestures Tour where Brad and Jill will be doing their FIRST. LIVE. TAPING. On June 28, 2014, Chicago’s Techweek will be hosting Jill & Brad as they debut their skillz to a live audience. They’ll make you laugh. They’ll throw things at you. And they’ll be sure to embarrass themselves a tremendous amount. Join them!
Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up this episode, the fact that Brad gets really angry about people giving away equity, how Craigslist and Ebay ended up dating, and why you need to call Brad to calm him down about this whole issue. He got pretty riled up during this episode. They also want to make sure that you’ve gotten your copy of their incredible e-book! Get it here.
Tory Johnson is the founder of Tory Johnson Productions, created the Spark & Hustle series as well as the Women For Hire career fairs, and she stars on Good Morning America every week! Find her on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Top 5 Mistakes Business Owners Make
Jill and Brad discuss the top mistakes business owner mistakes. From trying to be the jack of all trades (don’t do it!) to taking all of our biz’s responsibilities on by ourselves (don’t do it!) to selling your products or services to the wrong people (don’t do it!), there are plenty of mistakes that we all make and reminders about them are good for your health. Have any that they missed? Call Jill & Brad at 708.872.7878 and let them know what business owner mistakes they missed (because that would be yet another mistake that they make.)
Dr. Jim Lopez is a founder of The Wellness Source, an optimal health center with 5 locations offering comprehensive short- and long-term care that empowers the transformation of the human experience through love, service, and education. Find him on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Fan of the Week:
- Buggerman – We heart you!! Thanks for listening. 🙂
Tool of the Week:
- Doodle – It’s the scheduling tool you’ll actually use. Find a date for a meeting two times faster.
- The Founding Kit – it’s what every entrepreneur needs to launch a business. Use these toolkits for your small business so that you can focus on doing what you do best and letting The Founding Kit do the rest.
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners. Interested in Mastermind Coaching? Sign up! Sign up!
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- 37 Signals – They sold equity in their company. Brad is ok with this.
- Craigslist – did you know they are partnered with Ebay?
- Ebay – did you know they are partnered with Craigslist?
- Good Morning America – where Tory Johnson stars!
- Brown University – shout out!
- Bergen Community College – shout out!
- Casey Graham – the master of “Dominate, don’t dabble,” Brad’s new mantra.
- Michael Jackson – he sings “Human Nature” so well
- Steven Pressfield – author of The War of Art, highly recommended
What are some of the biggest mistakes you’ve made in your business? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here.