- Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up this episode and a couple of recent embarrassing moments they’ve had at work. A couple of many, really: Brad and Jill could be spokespeople for Those Who Do Embarrassing Things In Their Business All The Time. Fortunately, the world is an accepting place (as are fellow business owners like you.) Thanks to common traits in business like Face Blindness and Lack of Name Recall, Brad and Jill also ease the pain for business owners by explaining that everyone has the same issues. You don’t have to be so embarrassed, even if they continue to be embarrassed on a regular basis. And they most definitely want to make sure that you’ve gotten your copy of their incredible e-book! Get it here.
- Jonny Andrews is a best-selling author, publishing expert, entrepreneur, international speaker, business strategist and founder of AudienceHacker.com, a place where loads of content is created author entrepreneurs and their audience-driven businesses.Find him on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
WE’RE GOING LIVE…AGAIN!!! Breaking Down Your Business has its second stop on the Hand Gestures Tour where Brad and Jill will be doing their SECOND LIVE. TAPING. On October 2, 2014, ContentJam will be hosting Jill & Brad as they talk to marketers at this exceptional Chicago conference. They’ll make you laugh. They’ll throw things at you. And they’ll be sure to embarrass themselves a tremendous amount. Join them!
Top 5 Awkward Conversations In Business
- Jill and Brad discuss the top 5 awkward conversations that business owners often have and more importantly, why they’re awkward and what folks can do about them. From those performance reviews (too formal, all about a raise, who’s really listening and not sitting there awkwardly?) to the coffee date (often aimless, often lengthy, often a giant waste of both people’s time) to that scary “you’re not getting hired” conversation (awkward, often avoided, and usually, awkward), to Donald Trump’s favorite, “You’re fired!”, there are many awkward conversations that don’t have to be so awkward. Just do it. Nip it in the bud. Take charge. Figure out a better way to say it. Take that awkwardness out of the picture and you won’t have to have so many awkward conversations. Promise. Have any tips of your own that they missed? Call Jill & Brad at 708.872.7878 and let them know.
- Natalie Eckdahl is the founder of BizChixPodcast where she shares the journey of amazing female entrepreneurs (and a few cool dudes) 5 days a week, and co-founder of ScheduleMAX, an online scheduling site tailored to service-oriented businesses. Find her on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Tool of the Week:
- LinkedIn App — Use this app to avoid awkwardness! It saves the day on a meeting day when you can’t remember anything about the person you’re going to meet. Type in a name and with a quick scroll, remember exactly why you’re getting together. Yeah!
SELFIE CONTEST! Brought to you by ContentJam! Take a selfie while you’re listening to the Breaking Down Your Business podcast, post it to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #JillnBrad, and you could win one conference pass to the conference!
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners. Like getting paid? You have to go get the Pricing Kit that will help you learn how to raise your prices, when to do it, how to tell your clients to do it, and will get you to…wait for it…raise your prices! Go get it here! HERE!
- The Founding Moms Conference – Attend the first international conference that Jill’s organization, The Founding Moms, is hosting in Chicago. Mark your calendars for amazing speakers, inspiring attendees, delicious food and bands! Bands! Monday, October 6 at Lincoln Hall. Get your tickets here.
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- EnMast Pricing Kit – Go. Get It. Find out the benefits of raising your prices and get help to do exactly that in your own business.
- ScheduleMAX – an excellent calendaring resource for you service-based business owners
What are some of the ways that you think business owners make things super awkward? Did Brad and Jill miss anything? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here.