- Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up in this episode and what keeps them going to conferences. Even though they like to talk (shout) to a lot of people as they smile (stare) and shake hands (wave), conferences are a big investment of time and money — and yet they love to attend them. The ideas, the inspiration, the scale of the event itself are all reasons that keep them a ‘comin. Find out what ridiculosity ensues by listening to this latest episode. Then tweet and post about it (reminder: hashtag them at #jillnbrad) and make sure that you’ve gotten your copy of their incredible e-book! Get it here.
- Sam Rosen is the founder of Desktime where he helps to pair people with places to get work done by renting shared spaces, empty desks, conference rooms, or entire offices by the day, week, or month. Find him on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
WE’RE GOING LIVE…AGAIN!!! Breaking Down Your Business has its second stop on the Hand Gestures Tour where Brad and Jill will be doing their SECOND LIVE. TAPING. On October 2, 2014, ContentJam will be hosting Jill & Brad as they talk to marketers at this exceptional Chicago conference. They’ll make you laugh. They’ll throw things at you. And they’ll be sure to embarrass themselves a tremendous amount. Join them!
Top 5 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Conferences
- No, really. How can you make the most of your conference experience? For a lot of folks it’s a blur, a giant mess of people and it’s always hard to figure out who to talk to, what to check out, and even what to wear. But if you pay attention to the little things like putting your social media handles onto your nametags and your nametag on the right side of your body (listen to find out why), you’re already doing it right. If you can stop handing out your business card so freely, figure out what your purpose is in attending before you get there, and then smile when you do, you’ll get a lot more out of these big events than if you go about it without Jill and Brad’s top tips. Have ways of your own that help you get the most out of conferences? Call Jill & Brad at 708.872.7878 and let them know.
- TJ Hale is the host of the Shark Tank Podcast where he talks all about the ABC hit show Shark Tank, about online business and about entrepreneurship. Find him on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Tool of the Week:
- 2048 – This tool will destroy your productivity (thanks Brad!) It’s a game where 2’s and 4’s fall from the sky and you arrange them in a way where adding ‘em up gets you to 2048. Try it. You won’t be able to stop.
- The Founding Moms Conference – Attend the first international conference that Jill’s organization, The Founding Moms, is hosting in Chicago. Mark your calendars for amazing speakers, inspiring attendees, delicious food and bands! Bands! Monday, October 6 at Lincoln Hall. Get your tickets here.
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners. Like getting paid? You have to go get the Pricing Kit that will help you learn how to raise your prices, when to do it, how to tell your clients to do it, and will get you to…wait for it…raise your prices! Go get it here! HERE!
SELFIE CONTEST! Brought to you by ContentJam! Take a selfie while you’re listening to the Breaking Down Your Business podcast, post it to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #JillnBrad, and you could win one conference pass to the conference!
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Bonfyre – A great app to facilitate chatter at conferences among attendees
- ContentJam – A conference all about content marketing, happening this year October 2 in Chicago
- Inbound – HubSpot’s annual content marketing conference in Boston.
- The Founding Moms Conference – The best conference in the universe. Happening October 6 in Chicago.
- Cusp Conference – A conference all about thinkers, innovators, creators and design, happening October 22-23 in Chicago.
- Staging (pronounced STOJ-ing) – An unpaid internship when a cook or chef works briefly, for free, in another chef’s kitchen to learn and be exposed to new techniques and cuisines.
What are some of the ways that you get the most out of attending conferences? Did Brad and Jill miss anything? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please?Over here.