What’s In This Episode:
In this episode (the first in a series about that cash money), Jill and Brad talk about the things they don’t know but everyone else seems to: For Jill, it’s accounting. For Brad, it’s fashion (thank God we just have to hear him, then, right?).
They talk with Karen M. Carlson, the “absolute best, therapeutic relaxation expert east of the Mississippi” who calls in to discuss whether some of the products she’s offering should be on a separate website other than the one she has now. This spurs a great conversation about what people will be drawn to when visiting your business website.
“Wait… you didn’t get into business to make money?” – Brad
Jill and Brad discuss why we don’t know our numbers:
- We’re multitaskers, not accountants. (Brad likes Zapier to help with that.)
- We might not even know what a P&L statement is.
- We’re not good at tracking our time.
“You can hire people, you can ask friends to look at your numbers, you can even have machines come up with reports for you.” – Jill
- Entrepreneurs like to try the same thing hoping for different results (spoiler alert: it won’t work).
- And then there’s always that pesky problem about numbers…
Want to know what it is? Listen in!
- Karen M. Carlson is the founder of Be Well and Renew, and is a massage therapist and author. She offers guided meditation and makes eye pillows for adults and children to help them to be calm, quiet and comfortable in their bodies. A new children’s book, which accompanies the eye pillows, will be out soon! Find her on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!