What’s In This Episode:
Did you ever work with a workaholic? Jill did, and it was not fun. Brad considers himself to be a recovering workaholic, and now operates under the assumption that if you don’t answer e-mails right away, the world won’t end.
Michael Asare of FeeBelly calls in for help on how to convert the free users of his app to paid users. Jill suggests that Michael is giving too many keywords away on the free version, and so he can cut back on that and offer more information on the paid version. Brad says that for a B2C user who doesn’t need to go through pages of loan documents every month, it may be worth it to have a one-time price for one document instead of someone who doesn’t want to pay for a monthly subscription.
“Get some rest so that you can be more creative.” – Brad
Jill and Brad then discuss the top 5 ways taking time off makes you a better business owner:
- You might be less of a work-addict. Addicts don’t make good leaders.
- Getting away gives you perspective and realize what’s actually important.
- Taking breaks makes you more creative!
- When you take time off, you have to delegate.
- And then there’s that thing that’s pretty irritating to those around you…
Want to know what it is? Listen in!»
- Michael Asare is the founder of FeeBelly, an app that allows you to scan documents for the hidden fees that are often in the small print. It is available for download from the App Store.
- This episode is sponsored by Hubba, the largest network of brands, buyers, distributors, and influencers. They take all the activities that happen at a trade show and put it online. Brands get increased distribution; buyers find the right products for their stores. Join for free today and make connections that grow your business.
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!