What’s In This Episode:
Brad and Jill made some goals and now they have to start working on them. It’s like a clean slate! A chance to start over! What’s Jill going to leave behind for the new year? She’s going to try to leave behind massive impatience in her business in 2018. Some of it served her well as an entrepreneur; it even helped her build her businesses. But now, to sustain them, she needs even more patience.
Brad’s leaving behind social media (he’s trying, anyway). He wants to make it a habit to not look at any social media when he’s at home. Jill suggests just removing apps from his phone to make it easier not to check. Good luck, Brad!
“Business is about trust, and if you can’t follow through on your commitments, why would I do business at all?” – Brad
Then Brad and Jill have a last-minute guest cancellation, which leads to a discussion about commitments. What is it about commitments that people can’t handle? No, it’s not the first time that a guest has canceled being on the podcast, but doing so last-minute isn’t very considerate. Additionally, doing so means that you miss out on other opportunities (in this case, a chance to promote and get advice!).
So, for 2018… don’t be that person. It makes you look bad, professionally.
“Celebrate any progress, even the baby steps, because it’s gonna help you move along.” – Jill
Jill and Brad then discuss the top 5 ways to make immediate progress on your goals:
- Skip your emails in the first hour of your workday and do the thing that needs doing the most.
- Take 5 goals that are important in your business, and write them down so that you see them repeatedly.
- Move somewhere else; work in a different space. Get that creativity flowing.
- Celebrate any progress!
- And the number one way to make immediate progress? Delete this thing!
Want to know what it is? Listen in!»
- This episode is sponsored by Warby Parker. Buying glasses can be expensive, annoying, and overwhelming. Warby Parker cuts out the middleman by providing high-quality eyewear at a fraction of the cost. How can you try glasses online? Check out their Home Try-On Program for free and get started to find your perfect pair of glasses.
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!