What’s In This Episode:
Have you ever thought about how you make decisions? What is your process for making a business decision? Jill listens to her gut. If you don’t have a process, can you improve? Jill throws things at the wall and sees what sticks or doesn’t stick, and bases her decision and her feelings on that.
“Hone the gut. Fine tune the feeling.” – Jill
Then Jill and Brad hear back from a former guest, Nedra Rezinas, who weighs in on a previous episode. She took maternity leave and relied on her colleagues to cover her clients, and it worked out great for her. A lot of the time, business owners are afraid to take time off because they think something will go wrong; it’s very much a control issue. But taking time off helps you be a better business owner. So if you’re afraid of taking time off, don’t be – it’ll work out!
“By reaching out to the experts, they may give me some things to consider that I haven’t thought about.” – Brad
Jill and Brad then discuss the top 5 things to do before you make a business decision:
- Data is your friend. Collect it.
- Get feedback and opinions. People may see things differently than you do. If your business decision affects other people, if you know how they feel about it, you can use that information to convince them.
- Where might the decision go wrong? Think about that, and then set up experiments to test it.
- Reach out to the experts. Has someone done what you’re trying to do? What’s their advice?
- And the number one thing Brad does after he’s done all those other steps? Jill’s amazed.
Want to know what it is? Listen in!»
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!