What’s In This Episode:
Why is it so important that we sleep? Jill gets a little feisty: Sleep is SO important! It makes everything better, so you just need to do it. You need more than five hours of sleep a night, and more importantly, you need to build it into a routine. Think of yourself as a performance athlete for your business.
“Performance athletes sleep 10 hours a night.” – Brad
David Ralph, podcaster extraordinaire, calls in to discuss his problem which can be summed up in two words: Virtual Coffees.
As his podcast is gaining more and more traction, more and more people are wanting to reach out and connect. But when he wants more information from people or when he says no, people get moody and rude. Jill solved this problem for herself when she started telling people that they’d have to sign up for a group coffee chat, and they’d have to pay a little bit of money. Eventually, they’d pay and get together in small groups and ask their questions, and everyone was helped. If people really weren’t interested, they wouldn’t come to the group. If David presents this option to the people reaching out to him, there’s no reason for them to have fighting words: He gave them an option; they can choose to take it or not.
“It’s exhausting me to talk about this.” – Jill
Jill and Brad then discuss the top 5 reasons you need more sleep (and why you want it) :
- You make better business decisions with clarity.
- Your mental and physical health is dramatically improved with more sleep.
- You’ll be able to handle negativity or things that go wrong so much better.
- You’re gonna work twice as fast (really).
- And Jill swears the last reason is magical…
Want to know what it is? Listen in!»
- David Ralph is the host of Join Up Dots, a motivational business podcast inspired by Steve Jobs, and the founder of Podcasters Mastery. Find him on Facebook.
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!