- Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up this episode and whether they’d like to clone themselves to get more done. But would a clone be a good assistant for you? It would not be for Brad, or so he thinks. If they could clone an army, world domination awaits. Or does it? Find out in this superb episode with Jill & Brad (reminder: hashtag them at #jillnbrad) and make sure that you’ve gotten your copy of their incredible e-book! Get it here.
- Coco Meers is the founder of Pretty Quick, an app that makes it insanely easy to book your beauty appointments. It’s the Uber plus OpenTable of beauty. Find her on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. And use code BDYB entitling you to a free manicure (and if it’s not a manicure, $15 in credit) for first-time users of the Pretty Quick app!!
WE’RE GOING LIVE…AGAIN!!! Breaking Down Your Business has its second stop on the Hand Gestures Tour where Brad and Jill will be doing their SECOND LIVE. TAPING. On October 2, 2014, ContentJam will be hosting Jill & Brad as they talk to marketers at this exceptional Chicago conference. They’ll make you laugh. They’ll throw things at you. And they’ll be sure to embarrass themselves a tremendous amount. Join them!
Top 5 Ways To Run Your Business Better If You Could Clone Yourself
- Jill and Brad discuss the top 5 alternatives to cloning yourself to make your business better. If you can’t clone yourself, you can always hire administrative help — a virtual assistant, an assistant, even your favorite cousin or 6-year old intern. Relieve the burden of tedious admin tasks and get back hours of your week. Create a “don’t do” list so that instead of adding things to your to-do list, make a list of things you should just hand off instead and force yourself to get help. Set clear goals, do less and really focus on the things that only you can do. It will make you a better business person. Have tips of your own that help you run your business better even if you can’t clone yourself? Call Jill & Brad at 708.872.7878 and let them know.
- Malik Turley is the founder of Hip Circle Studio where helps women (and the people who love them) throughout every stage of life. Providing a blend of dance and fitness classes (Belly dancing! Yeah!), services, resources, and community events, Hip Circle Studio is the place to be for you and your family. Find her on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Tool of the Week:
- Gazelle – Sell your phone and electronics — cell phones, iphones, tablets, and other Apple products — in an easy peasy way!
SELFIE CONTEST! Brought to you by ContentJam! Take a selfie while you’re listening to the Breaking Down Your Business podcast, post it to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #JillnBrad, and you could win one conference pass to the conference!
- The Founding Moms Conference - Attend the first international conference that Jill’s organization, The Founding Moms, is hosting in Chicago. Mark your calendars for amazing speakers, inspiring attendees, delicious food and bands! Bands! Monday, October 6 at Lincoln Hall. Get your tickets here.
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners. Like getting paid? You have to go get the Pricing Kit that will help you learn how to raise your prices, when to do it, how to tell your clients to do it, and will get you to…wait for it…raise your prices! Go get it here! HERE!
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Uber - A fantastic ride-sharing company — in the form of an app — to use when you need a ride to your next business meeting.
- Lyft - Another fantastic ride-sharing company — in the form of an app — to use when you need a ride to your next business meeting.
- Bonfyre - An app that offers a private social network for coworkers, colleagues and business events.
- Zirtual - hand off tedious administrative tasks to a virtual (zirtual!) assistant.
- The Five Minute Journal - It’s a physical journal that has been carefully crafted to enable you to be happier in five minutes a day.
What are some of the ways that you run your business better even though you can’t clone yourself? Did Brad and Jill miss anything? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here.