Jill and Brad talk about employees vs. freelancers vs. interns and why having anyone at all work for you is like living the American Dream. They also read comments from their iTunes fans and thank them profusely for existing.
Top 5 Interview Questions
Jill and Brad discuss their top 5 interview tips for business owners. From long interview questions (Brad loves those, Jill hates those) to behavioral questions to soul-searching inquiries, hear how they interview potential teammates.
Charlie Meyerson is the news powerhouse at Rivet News Radio. Rivet empowers on-the-go news enthusiasts to engage with their world by easily creating their own customized news radio experience. Find him on Facebook, Twitter and download it from iTunes here.
Tool of the Week:
Tempo. It’s a smart calendar app that helps you find everything that you need to be prepared. Jill recently replaced iCal with this app on her iPhone and absolutely loves the mapping and address book lookup features.
EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners.
The Founding Kit is what every entrepreneur needs to launch a business. Use these toolkits for your small business so that you can focus on doing what you do best and letting The Founding Kit do the rest.
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Chocolate – Ship a box to us at 159 N. Marion St. #127, Oak Park, IL 60301
- Elance.com – Find freelancers at the world’s most-trusted online workplace.
- TaskRabbit.com – Outsource household errands and skilled tasks. Discover time to do what you love.
- Right Turn Labs – Get help creating a business. They’ll work with you to test, refine, and validate your idea to create a viable business.
- Basecamp – Manage all of your projects in one place and keep up with team members, too.
What are some of your favorite interview questions? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878.