Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up this episode, and allllllll about pricing (read: Why Brad is so expensive.) They also make their listeners grab their new e-book! Get it here.
Stacy Ratner is the founder of Open Books, a nonprofit social venture that operates an extraordinary bookstore, provides community programs, and mobilizes passionate volunteers to promote literacy in Chicago and beyond. Find her on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Facebook Fan of the Week:
- Antonette Taylor! We heart you!
Top 5 Ways To Build Your Confidence
Jill and Brad discuss ways that small business owners can build confidence in everything they do to better their businesses. From changing your body language to getting out of the office to studying what inspires you, you can do better business. We promise.
Chris Brogan is the founder of Human Business Works, a business design company that provides publishing and media products dedicated to helping professionals understand how to do business your way, and Owner Magazine, a digital magazine dedicated to covering the business curriculum for your future. This episode’s takeaway? Chris Brogan’s bold statement: “I hate social media.” Find him on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Tool of the Week:
- Graf.ly helps you make beautiful interactive graphs. Create interactive visualizations from your spreadsheets in seconds. Embed in PowerPoint, on your blog or your website.
- SquareSpace is the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create your own professional website or online portfolio. For a free trial and 10% off (your first purchase), go to this site use offer code BDYB.
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners.
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Rare Bird – It’s what Brad is…and also a delicious product made in Oak Park, Illinois.
- Impact Engine – It’s a 16-week accelerator program that supports for-profit businesses addressing today’s societal and environmental challenges.
- Amy Cuddy’s TED talk – Your body shapes who you are.
- Simon Sinek’s newsletter – Sign up here. It’s rad.
- Panera Bread – Chris Brogan shouts out loud there a lot.
- Meetup.com – It’s an online social networking portal that facilitates offline group meetings in various localities around the world.
What are some of your favorite ways to build your business confidence? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here