- Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up this episode what wishes they’d want granted in the small businesses they run. Jill wishes more than anything that she could hire a staff to help her out, and more sponsors for this podcast, and way more time. (If you grant wishes for a living, please get in touch.) Brad wishes he had words — in a certain order — and a magic wand for SEO purposes. And a driver. And they both most definitely want to make sure that you’ve gotten your copy of their incredible e-book! Get it here.
- Brian Burkhart is the founder of SquarePlanet Presentations where he helps business owners sound better by making all things communication more fun and effective. It’s also a place where fortune favors the bold. Find him on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
WE’RE GOING LIVE…AGAIN!!! Breaking Down Your Business has its second stop on the Hand Gestures Tour where Brad and Jill will be doing their SECOND LIVE. TAPING. On October 2, 2014, ContentJam will be hosting Jill & Brad as they talk to marketers at this exceptional Chicago conference. They’ll make you laugh. They’ll throw things at you. And they’ll be sure to embarrass themselves a tremendous amount. Join them!
Top 5 Things You Wish Were True About Your Business (But Aren’t)
- Jill and Brad discuss the top 5 things that they wish were true, but aren’t. Things like the fact that everyone else seems to know what they’re doing. Not true. Or that apparent success means you’re rolling around in giant piles of cash. Not true. Or that our teams work really well without us; but as small business owners, it’s not always the case. Or that we have zero guilt when it comes to being a working parent. Not true. Or that we have so much time to get things done. Yeah right. Have any of your own things you wish were true but aren’t? Call Jill & Brad at 708.872.7878 and let them know.
- Katie Krimitsos is the founder of the Business Women Rock! podcast where she interviews the world’s most incredible business women. Oh, and she runs the Tampa Bay Business Owners, too. Find her on Facebook, Twitter and iTunes.
Tool of the Week:
- Signals – Get notified when your emails are read. It’s a Google Chrome extension that’s safe, for free and with no limits, forever.
SELFIE CONTEST! Brought to you by ContentJam! Take a selfie while you’re listening to the Breaking Down Your Business podcast, post it to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #JillnBrad, and you could win one conference pass to the conference!
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners. Like getting paid? You have to go get the Pricing Kit that will help you learn how to raise your prices, when to do it, how to tell your clients to do it, and will get you to…wait for it…raise your prices! Go get it here! HERE!
- The Founding Moms Conference – Attend the first international conference that Jill’s organization, The Founding Moms, is hosting in Chicago. Mark your calendars for amazing speakers, inspiring attendees, delicious food and bands! Bands! Monday, October 6 at Lincoln Hall. Get your tickets here.
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Uber – A fantastic ride-sharing company — in the form of an app — to use when you need a ride to your next business meeting.
- Hailo – A different fantastic ride-sharing company — in the form of an app — to use when you need a ride to your next business meeting.
- Lyft – And yet another fantastic ride-sharing company — in the form of an app — to use when you need a ride to your next business meeting.
- Gmail filtering – For those of you drowning in your inbox, use Gmail filtering. It helps tremendously.
- Sanebox – Email management that prioritizes important email and summarizes the rest.
- Google Chrome – The best browser there is. Use it.
- Mailtrack – Another tool that you can use to find out when your emails are read.
What are some of the things that you wish were true but aren’t? Did Brad and Jill miss anything? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here.