- Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up this episode and figure out that they can’t speak proper English very well. They also discuss what it is to be a seasoned entrepreneur (or rather, what they think those folks are like) and the fact that they can’t wait to get there, if you’ll have them. Hear their attempts to make sense in this superb episode (reminder: hashtag them at #jillnbrad) and make sure that you’ve gotten your copy of their incredible e-book! Get it here.
- Dave Delaney is the founder of NBN Radio, the New Business Networking podcast where Dave helps folks make the most of their professional networking efforts. Find him on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
WE’RE GOING LIVE…AGAIN!!! Breaking Down Your Business has its second stop on the Hand Gestures Tour where Brad and Jill will be doing their SECOND LIVE. TAPING. On October 2, 2014, ContentJam will be hosting Jill & Brad as they talk to marketers at this exceptional Chicago conference. They’ll make you laugh. They’ll throw things at you. And they’ll be sure to embarrass themselves a tremendous amount. Join them!
Top 5 Skills You Need To Make Your Business Last
- Jill and Brad discuss the top 5 skills you need to sustain your business over a long period of time. Things like persistence: Solving the problems in a business by looking at each one as an opportunity. And things like taking the time to live your life and not work 24/7 otherwise you won’t last one single minute running your business over the long haul. Focusing on the important stuff, prioritizing the right things, and having the confidence to get through the roller coaster ride that is running a small business are also skills to improve constantly and help to make your business last. Have tips of your own that help you run your business better over the long haul? Call Jill & Brad at 708.872.7878 and let them know.
- Rita Morales is the founder of Brainy Girl Designs where she works with entrepreneurs to build a consistent brand using creative and unique design development to make your business flourish. Find her on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Tool of the Week:
- TimerCam – It’s dead-simple. The only feature that separates TimerCam from the iPhone’s default camera app is a timer, with options for 5, 10, 15, and 30-second shooting delays. The flash can be set to on, off, or auto, and it can toggle between the front and rear cameras. That’s all there is to it.
SELFIE CONTEST! Brought to you by ContentJam! Take a selfie while you’re listening to the Breaking Down Your Business podcast, post it to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #JillnBrad, and you could win one conference pass to the conference!
- The Founding Moms Conference – Attend the first international conference that Jill’s organization, The Founding Moms, is hosting in Chicago. Mark your calendars for amazing speakers, inspiring attendees, delicious food and bands! Bands! Monday, October 6 at Lincoln Hall. Get your tickets here.
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners. Like getting paid? You have to go get the Pricing Kit that will help you learn how to raise your prices, when to do it, how to tell your clients to do it, and will get you to…wait for it…raise your prices! Go get it here! HERE!
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Jay Goltz – A seriously awesome seasoned entrepreneur whom we hosted at our first LIVE taping!
- New Business Networking – a brilliant book that Dave Delaney wrote.
- The potato salad Kickstarter – he wanted $10. This guy ended up with $55,000.
- The Freaks Shall Inherit The Earth – a book by Chris Brogan that Dave Delaney highly recommends
- Refresh – The app searches the web to deliver insights about the people you’re meeting.
What are some of the ways that you work on making your business last over the long haul? Did Brad and Jill miss anything? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here.