- Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up this episode and figure out whether they are control freaks. Does it depend on who you’re talking to? Can you be a former control freak who is now in recovery? Do you micro manage, and if so, do you think you are running a successful business? Or do you believe that micromanaging and being a control freak are hindering the growth of your small business? Find out more — so much more — by listening to this freakishly entertaining episode. Then tweet and post about it (reminder: hashtag them at #jillnbrad) and make sure that you’ve gotten your copy of their incredible e-book! Get it here.
- Rieva Lesonsky is the founder of SmallBizDaily where she takes her decades of experience in entrepreneurship and brings to the world her unique take on the world of small business, and GrowBiz Media, a content and consulting company that helps entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. Find her on Facebook, Twitterand LinkedIn.
WE’RE GOING LIVE…AGAIN!!! Breaking Down Your Business has its second stop on the Hand Gestures Tour where Brad and Jill will be doing their SECOND LIVE. TAPING. On October 2, 2014, ContentJam will be hosting Jill & Brad as they talk to marketers at this exceptional Chicago conference. They’ll make you laugh. They’ll throw things at you. And they’ll be sure to embarrass themselves a tremendous amount. Join them!
Top 5 Signs That You May Be A Control Freak
- There are too many businesses that are smaller than they need to be because their owners are holding it back by being a control freak. The mistakes are costly and the stakes are high, but to ensure the growth of your business, you must recognize your control spots and work on them to move past them. If you decide not to delegate tasks because everyone else would mess it up, you are probably a control freak. When you jump in and explain things for your teammates or colleagues if someone in your business is having trouble doing so, you are probably a control freak. When you identify one or two things that each person around you can change that would make you happier and you “help them out” by explaining these things…frequently and repeatedly…you are probably a control freak. So…are you a control freak?
- Have signs of your own that might tell you you are, or are becoming, a control freak? Call Jill & Brad at 708.872.7878 and let them know.
- John Wright is the founder of John Wright Unlimited where unlocks and catalyzes inspired leadership by speaking, coaching, hosting workshops, asking the questions that your team and family are afraid to ask. Find him on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Tool of the Week:
Genius Scan – Digitize your documents! Just snap a photo of a document and voila, it turns into a .pdf. No need to sign, scan, fax, snail mail, and more…but if you feel steps are missing, go ahead and crop or filter it in that app, too.
SELFIE CONTEST! Brought to you by ContentJam! Take a selfie while you’re listening to the Breaking Down Your Business podcast, post it to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #JillnBrad, and you could win one conference pass to the conference!
- The Founding Moms Conference – Attend the first international conference that Jill’s organization, The Founding Moms, is hosting in Chicago. Mark your calendars for amazing speakers, inspiring attendees, delicious food and bands! Bands! Monday, October 6 at Lincoln Hall. Get your tickets here.
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners. Like getting paid? You have to go get the Pricing Kit that will help you learn how to raise your prices, when to do it, how to tell your clients to do it, and will get you to…wait for it…raise your prices! Go get it here! HERE!
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- Inc Magazine’s take – They list 8 more signs that you are a control freak. Just read it to make sure.
- Urban Dictionary’s take – Check out the way that society has defined “control freak”
- For The Rest of You – Not a control freak? Here are 30 apps to use to control your business from an iPad
What are some of the signs that you might be a small business control freak? Did Brad and Jill miss anything? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please?Over here.