- Jill and Brad talk about what’s coming up in this episode, what happened at The Founding Moms Conference and what it was like for Jill as the organizer who planned the whole thing. From Jill’s affinity for the Hefner family, Livestream, and restroom reorganization, there was plenty to discuss on the conference. Find out what ridiculosity ensues by listening to this latest episode. Then tweet and post about it (reminder: hashtag them at #jillnbrad) and make sure that you’ve gotten your copy of their incredible e-book! Get it here.
- Nate Burgos is the founder of Design Feast where he helps make creative culture more accessible to the world. He’s also the author of BROKEN: Navigating the Ups and Downs of the Circus called Work. Find him on Facebook, and Twitter.
Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Running A Conference
- Jill learned a lot from planning her first conference. The Founding Moms Conference happened in Chicago on October 6, 2014. In this episode, she talks about the things that ended up being the most important in the planning process as well as on the big day. Things like marketing the event well in advance. Making sure that you’re not underestimating the importance of the space you’re using to hold the event. Using music throughout the day to cue attendees as to what’s happening when. Hiring a producer to help with all A/V and production stuffs happening on the big day. And last but not least at all, making sure your speakers are top notch. Have other things that help you in planning big events for your business? Call Jill & Brad at 708.872.7878 and let them know.
- Anna Stout is the founder of Astute Communications, a full-service creative solutions agency where she helps folks develop comprehensive digital strategies to boost customer perception and engagement.Find her on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Tool of the Week:
- Product Hunt – It’s a curation of the best new products, every day. Discover the latest mobile apps, websites, and technology products that everyone’s talking about.
- EnMast.com is a small business owner community that offers members a supportive community and mass resource to help owners. Want to get a pro membership before the price goes up at the end of the month? Of course you do! Then you’ll be able to pack in all of their tools, gadgets, spreadsheets and more to help you build your business. Go pro! Go here! HERE!
- The Founding Kit – It’s what every entrepreneur needs to launch a business. Use these toolkits for your small business so that you can focus on doing what you do best and letting The Founding Kit do the rest.
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- GoPro Cameras – Fix your business and film it or go skydiving after a long day with one of these.
- The Queen Latifah Show + World Wrestling Entertainment– Nate says that our show is a mashup of these two.
- Julie Schumacher – Master wordsmith
- Yo-Yo Ma – He’s the cellist who calls himself a “Venture Culturalist” and Nate really likes that. We do too.
- BROKEN: Navigating the Ups and Downs of the Circus called Work – Nate’s book. Get it.
What are some of the ways in which you’ve planned a big event that we missed? Let us know! Leave us a Google Voicemail so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here.