What’s In This Episode:
Are you a rule follower or a rule breaker?
That’s the topic of the day for Jill and Brad. They discuss if entrepreneurs are, by their very nature, rule breakers or rule followers. Both consider themselves to be rule breakers, but rule followers shouldn’t feel left out: Followers are vital to entrepreneurship. (Hooray!)
Sara Lingenfelter, entrepreneur and all-around awesome person, calls into the show and asks for help with finding her target audience. This leads to a conversation about the best methods for networking using LinkedIn, Facebook, or getting feedback via Google Forms or Typeform to spread the word.
“If somebody says, ‘Here’s the boundary’ you say, ‘Let me move it for you.'” – Jill
Jill and Brad discuss money rules to follow:
- Don’t run out money. This causes suffering and exasperation that you just don’t need.
- Money gives you choices. Be prudent about yours.
- Don’t borrow money, especially if you’re a service-based business.
“When you borrow money, you put someone else in charge of your business.” – Brad
- If you need money, ask for it. Send your invoices on time, follow up with those who are late paying you, or raise your prices.
- And then there’s that old saying about money…
Want to know what it is? Listen in!»
- Sara Lingenfelter is the founder of Virtual Biz Partner and Virtual Biz Partner Academy. She teaches moms how to become virtual assistants and helps female entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and takes away their overwhelm. Find her on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!