What’s In This Episode:
Who needs a break? Jill ‘n Brad are on a mission to make sure that business owners take more time off. Jill thinks that some people don’t want to take time off because they don’t want to miss anything (FOMO, anyone?). Others fear that the business won’t survive without them. Or worse, people think that their customers will hate them if they take time for themselves. Brad also points out that it takes so much momentum to get started again once you’ve gone away for a little bit.
“You have to connect the dots and make sure that I know that if I’m spending money on you, you’re going to improve my ROI.” – Jill
Renee Epstein and Lisette Kreuzer of B-Well Wellness Events started their business three years ago and have been doing well in their primary market. They want to branch out and do more corporate events, so they ask Jill and Brad how to get more exposure. Jill suggests that they make a good 30-second video to avoid having 17 pages of e-mail testimonials in order to pitch to the right people, and follow up repeatedly. Brad says that corporate stuff always takes time to come to fruition because it needs to get onto budgets. He also points out that even if you have a contact in the business, or names of people on your lists, they may not be the right people to talk to. So you need to find a way in and then get to the person who cares. Lastly, he suggests they may want to check out wellness fairs (that’s where that video would do REALLY well).
“It’s like walking in a forest where you realize that you’re a very small part of this large thing.” – Brad
Jill and Brad then discuss the top 5 reasons you need more time off:
- You’re getting stale in your business. You can’t do this forever without taking a break.
- You can’t think outside the box without getting outside the box.
- It’s good practice to learn to let go.
- On a basic level, it’s amazing and fun and relaxing. (You’re gonna love it.)
- Oh, and then there’s that thing that ALL business owners are guilty of, and should really stop…
Want to know what it is? Listen in!»
- Renee Epstein and Lisette Kreuzer began B-Well Wellness Events after realizing that teachers don’t often take the time to practice self-care. They promote wellness events in schools and corporate settings in the Chicagoland area. Find them on Facebook and Instagram.
- This episode is sponsored by Hubba, the largest network of brands, buyers, distributors, and influencers. They take all the activities that happen at a trade show and put it online. Brands get increased distribution; buyers find the right products for their stores. Join for free today and make connections that grow your business.
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!