What’s In This Episode:
There are a lot of business owners out there with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. We’re talking to you on this episode! There are ways that ADHD may make it hard in life, but it might work to your advantage as an entrepreneur.
“The more creative you have to be, the better.” – Jill
Walt Bayliss, software platform creator and speaker, has finally figured out how to slay the beast of what’s eating our time. The cost of doing business has become too expensive. So, he created a dashboard called Gojeo to check everything in one place. No more checking 17 email addresses and Facebook and LinkedIn, bouncing around from platform to platform wasting your time.
Sounds great, right? He and his team have gotten the financial part seemingly taken care of, but what he really needs right now is the exposure. He’s reached out to venture capitalists, but they’re expecting that the company has gone through an accelerator. But since he doesn’t need the money, how does he go about getting introductions?
Brad suggests that he really reach out to the business community. Get in front of journalists and influencers, and eventually, the VCs will be reaching out to him. Put the energy from chasing VCs into gaining exposure for the business instead, and the VC thing will take care of itself.
“Don’t believe your own hype.” – Brad
Jill and Brad then discuss the top 5 ways your ADHD may be helping your business:
- People with ADHD are very curious. They find opportunities that others don’t.
- Impatience. You’re driven by action.
- Things are started, but maybe not finished. But your team can step in and take up where you left off.
- You’re optimistic and forward-thinking.
- And this will absolutely make you a better business owner…
Want to know what it is? Listen in!»
- Walt Bayliss is the founder of Gojeo, a platform that helps business owners get more customers, make more sales, and spend less time. Find him on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!