What’s In This Episode:
IT’S EPISODE 300!!!!! Jill and Brad go meta and talk about the podcast on the podcast.
“This podcast has made us Debbie Downers.” – Jill
When Brad gets asked, “Should I create a podcast?” He always tells people no. Jill likened the experience of recording this podcast to running a marathon, where you expect everyone will cheer for you, but they don’t all the time.
“We almost got made into a reality TV show.” – Brad
They’re always surprised when they hear back from anyone about the podcast. They’ve got 62 reviews — and 60 of them are nice! And if you want to start a podcast but haven’t yet, just be a podcast guest.
But if they haven’t convinced you not to start a podcast:
- think about the topic very carefully. Ideally, it should be something you have knowledge about and a passion for sharing.
- don’t think too much about the audio. Hire someone to do it for you.
- make 10 podcast episodes – then throw them away. Then record 10 more.
- but seriously. become a podcast guest. You’ll learn how you sound to yourself and others, and how you interact on the fly. (Have you heard anyone speak as fast as JVN? Listen to Getting Curious)
- Have an audience in mind.
- Make sure that what you’re putting out there is helpful.
How do you increase your creative output? Listen in!»
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!