What’s In This Episode:
How and where can you target your PR?
“People who need what you serve are already looking at [software companies].” – Brad
Jamie Van Cuyk is a business consultant who focuses on helping employees and teams find the right people for positions. But she’s having trouble with strategic visibility. Most of her referrals are word of mouth, but now she wants to use the online space to help people find her. Currently, she’s trying a little bit of everything, but Jill thinks that’s her first mistake. How can she reframe her marketing so that she’s not mentioning “hiring” which some people find boring?
“You need to constantly be evolving.” – Jill
Jill continues with PR tips:
- Reach out to your local paper – find the editor that applies to your business. Start building a spreadsheet.
- Reach out to 10 papers, 10 podcasts, etc.
- Narrow your focus – find stories that apply to your business. Who writes them? Reach out to those professionals too. They may write about you!
- Tweak your pitch as you go and figure out what’s working and what’s not.
Where do you target your PR? Listen in!»
If you’re a manager or business owner, chances are you juggle many HR tasks and are trying to keep up with the ever-changing employment laws. HR 101 from ComplyRight is a free online training program that will give you a solid understanding of employment law so you can handle typical workplace issues like a pro. The six courses include General Legal Obligation for Employers, Recruiting and Hiring, Classifying Workers Correctly, Managing Your Employees, Preventing Workplace Harassment and Discipline and Termination. Explore ComplyRight’s free courses at www.complyright.com/courses.
- Jamie Van Cuyk has a track record of managing high-performing teams and educating business leaders. Through small business consulting, I’m going to help you find, develop, and retain the effective employees you need to feel confident and adequately supported as you move your business forward. Visit her website.
Talk to us! Leave us a Google Voicemail or text us with your burning business question so that we can read it in a future episode at 708.872.7878. Or tweet at us using hashtag #jillnbrad. And leave us a review on iTunes — pretty please? Over here!